These crispy kale chips are a perfect snack when you’re craving something crispy.
By: Susanna Deering, RHN
- 1 head of kale (preferably organic)
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp natural sea salt
- juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup water to thin out dressing
- Wash and dry kale well.
- Remove the inner ribs of the kale leaves and tear leaves into pieces (I make them a little larger then chip size), place in a large bowl.
- Add the tahini, garlic (roughly chopped), olive oil, lemon juice, salt to a food processor or blender if you don’t have one.
- Blend until combined and add the water if you need to thin it out, you want it the consistency of a salad dressing or a bit thicker since you will be dehydrating it and removing the liquids anyways.
- Pour dressing onto the kale and massage in with your hands to get them well coated.
- Place in a single layer in your food dehydrator on drying sheets at about 105 for 5-7 hours or until nice and crispy. If using an oven, cook at 250 and check and flip occasionally, cook until crispy; should take approximately 30 minutes total.