Chocolate Avocado Pudding
By: Susanna Deering, RHN
Gluten free, dairy free, nut free
If you didn’t know this pudding was dairy free and made with avocados, you wouldn’t believe it! This pudding recipe is easy to make and the outcome is silky smooth and oh so rewarding. Getting a dose of healthy fats never tasted so chocolately good! If you are avoiding any added sugars you can try substituting with a frozen extra-ripe banana and a bit stevia instead of the maple syrup.
You will need: Blender
Ingredients Makes 4 small servings
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup or maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- ½ teaspoons vanilla powder or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 cup coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- Add ingredients to a blender, starting with ½ cup of the milk only
- Blend until smooth and add in additional milk until you get a nice pudding like consistency
Serve in bowls and try and resist not eating it all at once!