A nice sweet treat made with healthy whole ingredients to satisfy that sweet tooth. This version includes sunbutter, which is a butter made from sunflower seeds and raw cacao powder. Soaking the seeds ahead of time starts the sprouting process which make them easier to digest.
By. Susanna Deering, RHN
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds (preferably soaked for an hour if time permits)
- 7 pitted medjool dates (soaked for about a half hour if they are on the drier side)
- ¼ cup sunbutter
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Pinch of natural sea salt
- Place sunflower seeds into a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add the dates, sunbutter and 2 tbsp of the cacao power plus salt to the processor with sunflower seeds and process until a sticky dough forms.
- Roll into small balls and use the left over cacao powder and roll the balls in the powder to coat.
- Eat right away or place in a container and store in the fridge to enjoy later!